As we get into warmer weather ahead of us, we all need a good SPF to protect our skin.
Sunblock works by sitting on the outermost layer of our skin and directly blocking the sun's UV rays by providing a physical barrier. There are many reasons why wearing sunblock is important: it decreases your risk of developing skin cancer, particularly with a depleting ozone layer; it keeps you looking young (fewer wrinkles); and keeps your skin tone even by slowing down sun spots and skin discoloration.
Sun protection is important for all skin types as skin cancer doesn’t discriminate and affects those with darker skin as well as lighter tones. It's especially important for the face, which is typically less protected by clothes.
With so many more options now available, facial sun protection has never been more convenient. Are you in need of a new sunblock that won’t clog your pores? We’ve got you covered with five of our favorite products:
- Mineral Fusion SPF 30 - Brush-On Sun Defense: hypoallergenic, cruelty-free, paraben-free and vegan, this translucent powder is a great choice.
- Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF 50 - Perfect for on-the-go with easy touch ups, and you can put it on before or even on top of your make-up for a mattifying look.
- Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 45 - Another great translucent powder that provides protection without parabens or sulfates.
- Isdinceutics Mineral Brush Powder SPF 50 - With a slight tint, this mineral brush is perfect for light coverage and a matte finish.
- Eminence Organic Sun Defense Mineral SPF 30 - This powder comes in three different shades and has Vitamins A and E to help protect from free radical damage.