After the chaos of the recent months, you might be looking for a way to reset your body and jumpstart your summer. You’ve probably seen a friend or celebrity do a cleanse or detox, but what are the benefits it has to your body and should you try it?
The hype around cleanses lives up to its name. It’s believed that cleanses help flush out the toxins in your body by activating your liver, and can leave you feeling energized, focused, and recharged.
When doing a cleanse or detox, you typically enter a fasting period followed by a strict diet of vegetables, fruit and / or fruit juices. Because of the nature of fasting in combination with fruits and veggies, your body eliminates toxins that you take in such as processed foods, sugars and carbohydrates, and excretes them out of your system, making you feel energized and healthier.
If you’re looking for a summer cleanse we have some suggestions below to find the perfect cleanse for you:
Cleanses for Summer
- Clean Program 21 Day Shake Cleanse - This 21 day cleanse has shakes for you two times a day, along with recipes for whole grains, fruits and vegetables. They even provide you with healthy supplements.
- Isagenix 9 Day Deep Cleansing System - A nine-day system with shakes, supplements and even snacks!
- Forever Living C9 Cleanse - This detox includes aloe vera gel water, proprietary blends of fiber, botanical thermogenics and garcinia to help promote fat loss. The first two days are hard, but it gets easier as the days go on.
- Portland Juice Company The Original 3 Day Cleanse - The most delicious cleanse ever with multiple juices to choose from as well as customizable options that will leave you feeling refreshed.
- All-Day Soup Cleanse - This is a great option if you want to do a cleanse but want to do it your own way. A soup cleanse is great for giving your digestive system a well-earned break and resetting your body. There are plenty of recipes for everyone; find one here.
Daily Cleanse Support
- Dandelion tea - Delicious dandelion has been seen to soothe the digestive system, reducing water retention and promoting liver health. It’s a great accompaniment to a summer health commitment.
- Lemon, turmeric & ginger - Lemon, turmeric and ginger are all rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties that may benefit your digestive and immune system. Steep them together to make a delicious tea, good to drink first thing to kick-start your digestive system.
- Epsom salt baths - Nothing is as relaxing as a warm epsom salt bath, but it is also thought that it helps remove toxins from the body. Use plain epsom salts and add a few drops of essential oil for relaxation. Remember to shower afterwards to wash any toxins off your skin.