If you're hosting during this festive period, what better way to delight your guests than by serving desserts that not only taste delicious, but are also packed with the benefits of CBD?
Here are a few of our LUV favorites for you to try:
Chocolate Mousse Cups (dairy, nut and gluten-free)
These delicious mousse cups take no time at all to prepare. You can even prepare them on the day and leave them in the fridge while you're serving drinks and dinner. They'll be ready to eat at just the right time.
Serves: Approx 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Refrigeration Time: At least 1 hour
Calories per Serving: approx. 334
1 block firm tofu, crumbled
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp agave nectar
6 droppers LUV CBD Unwind Tincture
Pinch of salt
To garnish: Orange zest, mint leaves, dried orange slices
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water (or use a microwave if you’re in a rush - make sure you stop and mix every 20-30 seconds) until they are a beautiful smooth consistency.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor with the melted chocolate and blend until the mixture is extremely smooth.
- Choose your favorite glasses (we like vintage champagne coupe glasses) and spoon about ⅓ - ½ of a cup of the mousse into each glass.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, add the orange zest and mint leaves, and a dried orange slice on the rim.
Frozen Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bites (Soy, gluten and dairy-free)
These decadent cheesecake bites are best made in cupcake tins (regular or mini), to make perfect little servings.
Serves: Approx 8
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Freezer Time: 2-3 Hours
Calories per Serving: approx. 377
For the cheesecake:
2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 3 hours)
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp agave nectar
½ cup water
8 Droppers LUV CBD Unwind Tincture
For the blueberry compote topping:
1 cup water
½ cup raw cane sugar
- Start off by making the blueberry compote. In a saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the blueberries and continue to boil for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium/medium-high and take a potato masher (or fork) to the blueberries, squashing them so that they release their natural pectin and giving the mixture a thicker consistency. After gently boiling for about 10 more minutes you should be at the right thickness. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the cheesecake in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- In cupcake tins, place parchment paper that has been cut into strips (and long enough to poke out of the mold) in an X formation before pouring the cheesecake mixture into them (this will allow for much easier and seamless removal). Fill about halfway, then add the blueberry compote on top. Freeze for 2-3 hours and serve cold.
Raspberry Truffles (dairy, soy and gluten-free)
These little truffles are decadent and very moreish. We've included suggestions for the dusting/garnish, but feel free to get creative.
Serves: approx 15
Prep Time: 40 Minutes (20 minutes for actual prep, at least 20 minutes for forming and decorating)
Refrigeration time: 5-6 hours (preferably overnight)
Calories per Serving: Approx. 201
2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
1-13.5 oz can coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
6 oz raspberries
8 droppers of LUV CBD Shine Tincture
To garnish and decorate: Crushed pistachios, goji berries, freeze-dried raspberries, cacao powder, coconut shavings.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the raspberries completely until combined and jelly-like. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the coconut cream/milk to a gentle boil over medium heat. Allow to boil for 3-4 minutes, while constantly stirring/whisking.
- Remove from heat and mix in the raspberry jelly and the chocolate chips half a cup at a time until completely melted and incorporated into the milk. Allow mixture to cool at room temperature for an hour.
- Add in the CBD, and then refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper that has been lightly coated in a neutral tasting oil. Scoop out the chocolate mixture with a cookie dough scooper or spoon and form into truffles (about 1 inch in diameter). Finish off with your preferred garnish/dusting and refrigerate until serving.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Madison Eubanks is Holistic Wellness Practitioner and a graduate of Southwest Institute of Healing Arts. Nutrition and Urban Farming are not only her areas of expertise, but her passion; she loves educating people on the healing powers of food and how they can allow it to “be thy medicine”. Madison also has certifications as a health and life coach and is a 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher. She has been a dedicated vegan for over four years, believing it to be one of the best choices she has ever made: ‘there is no better diet that takes in consideration for human health, the environment and animal welfare’.