Want to find a healthier way to enjoy delicious seasonal drinks in the company of family and friends? Our delicious CBD mocktails are here to make your holiday season healthier!
These will give you similar effects of unwinding and relaxing, without the negative ones of a hangover. Not only that, but CBD works with your body via the endocannabinoid system—biological receptors to this incredible compound—in helping to relieve discomfort, stress and inflammation. A well-functioning endocannabinoid system, can also help increase your sleep quality, as well as supporting neurological function.
Here are our favorite alcohol-free ideas, using LUV CBD Tinctures. Your guests will love you for serving them delicious drinks, particularly the morning after!
Our Rise Tincture, with notes of orange blossom, tangerine and vanilla, pairs beautifully in mimosas and bellinis and is specifically formulated as a morning pick-you-up blend.
- Combine 2 parts pineapple juice, 2 parts orange juice and 1 part seltzer water to make a delicious mimosa with a tropical twist. Add a dropper full of Rise Tincture to each glass - serve over ice in champagne flutes.
- Blend frozen peaches, raspberries and strawberries with a light drizzle of agave nectar and just enough water to combine for a dreamy, berry-like bellini. Looking for an aesthetic crowd-pleaser? Blend the raspberries and strawberries separately from the peaches and layer in a stemless wine glass, with a dropper of Rise Tincture per glass.
The LUV Shine Tincture is the perfect addition for a midday pick me up. Its delicate smooth vanilla, blended with a slight undertone of rose, makes it easy to pair. We enjoy it most with horchatas and rosewater spritzers.
Horchata is a delicious Mexican spiced creamy rice milk drink that is served chilled. Cinnamon and nutmeg add notes of warmth, perfect for the Holiday season.
- Combine equal parts of rice and almond milk in a blender with ¼ teaspoon each of nutmeg and cinnamon per 1 cup of milk.
- Add a sweetener of your choice (agave, raw cane sugar, or my personal favorite for this one, maple syrup) and serve on the rocks in a scotch glass with a cinnamon stick and a dropper full of Shine Tincture.
- While it’s traditionally served chilled, it is just as tasty warmed: add to a saucepan and warm gently, (without boiling) after blending. Make sure you add the CBD to each glass after serving, rather than into the saucepan.
Or, freshen up with an afternoon spritzer. For something a bit more tart, a rosewater spritzer may be the perfect choice:
- Mix 1 cup of seltzer water with 2-3 tablespoons of rosewater syrup and a dropper of Rise Tincture for sophisticated, light refreshment.
- Add any of the following: jalapeno slices, passion fruit or lemon balm.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Unwind into the Evening
With its sweet lemon, citrusy flavors, our Unwind formula pairs perfectly with a Lemonade Berry Blast.
- Start by adding enough blueberries to a scotch glass to cover the bottom, then crush them haphazardly with a pestle.
- In a pitcher, combine water, lemon juice and raw cane sugar in a ratio of one cup water to 1-1 ½ lemons and ¼ cup of raw cane sugar until dissolved. Pour into the scotch glasses and top with a dropper of Unwind Tincture per glass.
- For an even easier alternative, you can also use passionberry kombucha.
- For a garnish with a kick, add 2-6 slices of jalapeno (add to your taste).
All of these recipes were made to be easy while keeping the calorie count low, the alcohol content nonexistent, and the flavor profiles through the roof. On top of that, your body will thank you for a good night’s sleep, and you’ll be more hydrated in the morning.
We'll certainly raise our glass to that!
Wishing you a very happy holiday season.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Madison Eubanks is Holistic Wellness Practitioner and a graduate of Southwest Institute of Healing Arts. Nutrition and Urban Farming are not only her areas of expertise, but her passion; she loves educating people on the healing powers of food and how they can allow it to “be thy medicine”. Madison also has certifications as a health and life coach and is a 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher. She has been a dedicated vegan for over four years, believing it to be one of the best choices she has ever made: ‘there is no better diet that takes in consideration for human health, the environment and animal welfare’.